UROUTMON is an internal component that enables you to write your own 4GL Uniface Router monitor to access and modify the Uniface Router's parameters and settings.
Before using this API, import the modeled entities used by the UROUTMON API. These are provided in uroutmon_entities.xml in the \uniface\misc\ folder of the Uniface installation. The entities define the data passed in the output parameters of the
If TLS is used to connect to the Uniface Router, the UROUTMON component works only in the context of a Uniface application and cannot be called from 3GL components.
The following steps represent a typical calling protocol:
- Call CONNECT once to establish a connection with the Uniface Router. Call it again only after a call to DISCONNECT.
- Call DISCONNECT to end your connection to the Uniface Router.
- Call any non-privileged operation any number of times, whether or not you are a privileged user.
- Call ADMLOGON to become a privileged user.
- Call any operation any number of times if you are a privileged user.
- Use GET_SERVERS and GET_CLIENTS to get static lists of servers and clients. For each client and server, the static information does not change, but there can be new clients and new servers.
- Use GET_SERVER_DYN and GET_CLIENT_DYN to obtain continually refreshed information about specific clients and servers. These dynamic operations also indicate if the static information needs to be refreshed.
- Use GET_UROUTER to get static data about the Uniface Router.
- Use GET_UROUTER_DYN to obtain continually refreshed information about the Uniface Router.
For descriptions of the available operations, see the sub-topics.
GET_operations return information in the form of entities. Some of them return multiple occurrences, while others return a single occurrence.
If an operation is successful, $status is set to 0. Otherwise one of the following codes is returned.