UROUTMON is an internal component that enables you to write your own 4GL Uniface Router monitor to access and modify the Uniface Router's parameters and settings.
Before using this API, import the modeled entities used by the UROUTMON API. These are provided in uroutmon_entities.xml in the \uniface\misc\ folder of the Uniface installation. The entities define the data passed in the output parameters of the
The following steps represent a typical calling protocol:
- Call CONNECT once to establish a connection with the Uniface Router. Call it again only after a call to DISCONNECT.
- Call DISCONNECT to end your connection to the Uniface Router.
- Call any non-privileged operation any number of times, whether or not you are a privileged user.
- Call ADMLOGON to become a privileged user.
- Call any operation any number of times if you are a privileged user.
- Use GET_SERVERS and GET_CLIENTS to get static lists of servers and clients. For each client and server, the static information does not change, but there can be new clients and new servers.
- Use GET_SERVER_DYN and GET_CLIENT_DYN to obtain continually refreshed information about specific clients and servers. These dynamic operations also indicate if the static information needs to be refreshed.
- Use GET_UROUTER to get static data about the Uniface Router.
- Use GET_UROUTER_DYN to obtain continually refreshed information about the Uniface Router.
For descriptions of the available operations, see the sub-topics.
GET_ operations return
information in the form of entities. Some of them return multiple occurrences, while others return
a single occurrence.
If an operation is successful, $status is set to 0. Otherwise one of the following codes is returned.
|0||Although normally means success, in some operations that return occurrences, it should be interpreted as an error. In all operations that can return an optional number of occurrences, the entity pointer will point to one empty occurrence.|
|-1||General error, could have operation-specific meaning|
|-2||Internal error: no context parameter at 3GL level, network message length inconsistencies, mismatch in local and remote privilege status|
|-3||Request error: the Uniface Router did not receive a valid request code|
|-4||Uniface Router Monitor and Uniface Router have incompatible versions|
|-16||Network error: problems with sending or receiving network requests|
|-17||Host identifier not valid|
|-18||Connection error: network connect to Uniface Router failed|
|-20||Uniface Router’s $MAX_CLIENTS or $MAX_MONS limit exceeded. For more information, see $MAX_CLIENTS and $MAX_MONS.|
|-21|| Not authorized for privileged
For ADMLOGON, user name and/or password not valid
|-52||Call protocol error: CONNECT called when already connected, or other operation called when not connected|