When developing a desktop application you follow the normal Uniface development paradigm of model, construct, compile, and test.
Start by creating modeled entities to model
the application data and default behavior. These can then be reused in the components.
For more information, see Define a Modeled Entity.
- Construct components for the user interface and business logic.
- Define a runtime library to contain global objects. Create a Library.
- Create menus and toolbars that can be used with forms and application shells to provide additional actions and navigation. For more information, see Define and Use Menus.
- Define an application shell to initialize the application, and configure the window in which it runs. For more information, see Define a Windows Application Shell and Define a Character Mode Application Shell .
- Compile, test, and debug the application. For more information, see Testing and Debugging.
- Deploy and configure the application. For more information, see Deploying Applications and Configuring Uniface and Uniface Applications.