When developing a desktop application you follow the normal Uniface development paradigm of model, construct, compile, and test.
- Start by creating modeled entities to model
the application data and default behavior. These can then be reused in the components.
For more information, see Define a Modeled Entity.
- Construct components for the user interface and business logic.
- Define a runtime library to contain global objects. Create a Library.
- Create menus and toolbars that can be used with forms and application shells to provide additional actions and navigation. For more information, see Define and Use Menus.
- Define an application shell to initialize the application, and configure the window in which it runs. For more information, see Define a Windows Application Shell and Define a Character Mode Application Shell .
- Compile, test, and debug the application. For more information, see Testing and Debugging.
- Deploy and configure the application. For more information, see Deploying Applications and Configuring Uniface and Uniface Applications.