The Uniface 10 documentation is regularly updated to reflect new features, enhancements, bug fixes, and user feedback.
Feature: Format error when data type and
htmlinput type are incompatible
If the HTML control generated by the DSP
htmlinput widget is unable to correctly format the data for its input type, a format error results and an exception is displayed in the web browser's console. For more information on supported data types and how data is formatted for each
htmlinput type, see htmlinput.
Documentation: Restructured widget documentation
The widget documentation has been restructured to emphasize physical widgets rather than logical widgets.
In the past, the documentation discussed widgets in terms of logical widgets because these are visible in development environment when you select the widget type for a field.
However, logical widgets are just user-defined configurations for physical widgets. Uniface supplies a default set of logical widgets but you can define your own, in which case the emphasis on Uniface's own logical widgets is not helpful. It is the physical widgets that provide the functionality and determine the properties a widget can have.
For more information, see following topics and their sub-topics:
Issue 31930: Improved consistency in numeric handling provided by $number
A new version of the ICU (International Components for Unicode) libraries was integrated in 9.7.05 and 10.3.01. This resulted in some missing functionality and errors in numeric handling performed by $number. These have been corrected, and some inconsistencies reduced.
The improved consistency results in the following differences compared with Uniface 9.7.04:
- Trailing minus sign is now supported for basic numeric strings and scientific notation.
- Bracketed numbers are now seen as negative, also when using NLS locales.
- All white space is now ignored. In previous versions, white spaces were ignored in bracketed numbers, caused an error when outside the brackets, but caused truncation in scientific notation.
- All digit group separators are now ignored. In previous versions, they were ignored in basic numbers but caused truncation in scientific notation.
- NLS locales are now applied to scientific notation. This affects the interpretation of the number because the decimal point and digit group separators are NLS locale-specific.
For more information, see $number.
Feature: DLM 9.2 supports IPv6.
A new version of the DLM client is delivered in this patch. For more information, consult the DLM Installation Guide.
When using DLM 9.2, it is possible to specify the IP protocol version to use when connecting to the License Service. It is possible to do this at an application level using the
$LICENSE_OPTIONS assignment setting. For more information, see $LICENSE_OPTIONS.
Feature: Write Script Worksheet has been enhanced.
The Write Script worksheet of the Component Editor has been enhanced:
- You can now edit objects in the Structure of the Write Script worksheet. For example, you can rename or delete fields.
- Except for Form and Report components, you can also add objects using the new Template and Model tabs in the Resource Browser, and you can use standard editing functionality such as insert, copy, and paste.
- It is easier to split the Script Editor into two views, making it consistent with other Write Script worksheets.
Doc maintenance: Clarified contents of export files for migration.
If you want to maintain Uniface 9 entry inheritance behavior, it is strongly recommended that you use a single export file for the whole application, or at least combine application model and related components into a single file. For more information, see Migrate the Application.
Issue 31928: The sql92npw connector option is now supported for MSS connector U5.2.
For MSS connector U5.2, the sql92npw option was initially deprecated and the default set to
on. It is now possible to set this option
off, but the default remains
on for MSS U5.2 and higher. For MSS U5.1 and lower, the default is
off. For more information, see sql92npw.
Issue 31931: webload now reports an error if the submitted data value or format of a Date, Time, and DateTime field is incorrect.
In Dynamic Server Pages, when a Date, Time, or DateTime field is used, data in the field is validated on the server to ensure it has a correct value and format.
For more information, see getError().
Feature: You can now dynamically change the the Position property of popup forms using $windowproperties.
Issue 31899: When a Date, Time, or DateTime field is used with a DSP EditBox widget, the NLS locale is ignored in display formats.
In Dynamic Server Pages, when a Date, Time, or DateTime field is used with an EditBox widget, NLS formats are applied but the NLS locale is ignored, meaning that only English text is displayed in formats that call for text. This is also the case when a browser does not support the
Datepicker, and an HTML
text input control is used instead.
Doc Maintenance: Updated example for client-side data storage using Dynamic Server Pages.
For more information, see Client-Side Data Storage.