You cannot use a mouse to select drop-down list or combo box items when using Uniface as RemoteApp through a Windows Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
Uniface Technical Support already has received several reports that end users cannot use the mouse to select drop-down list or combo box items when Uniface is used as RemoteApp through a Windows Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
The described issue is not a Uniface specific problem, but it seems to be caused by a design change in the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) of Windows. For more information see the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 968358:
- “You cannot use a mouse to select combo box items in a RemoteApp program that you connect to through Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) 6.1”
Microsoft provides Hotfixes for the issue described in the above mentioned KNB article for RDC 6.1 (the specific links are also in the article), but it seems the issue is also present in RDC 7.0 and no fixes have been provided (so far) for this particular version. For more information see the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 969084:
- “Description of the Remote Desktop Connection 7.0 client update for Remote Desktop Services (RDS) for Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, and Windows Vista SP2”
Known issues affecting Windows Vista package
2. If you have previously installed the hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 968358, installing RDC 7.0 will undo the fix. That means, you cannot use a mouse to select combo box items in a RemoteApp program through RDC 7.0. To workaround this issue, use the keyboard instead of the mouse to select the combo box items.”
Note: The same issue also affects the other Windows packages
So in case you’re using RDC 7.0 then this means that there’s no real solution available for this issue – except for the workaround suggested by Microsoft (see above). If and when Microsoft plans to resolves this issue for RDC 7.0 we (currently) don’t know.
- This issue does not occur in a full RDC session.
- This issue does not occur if you use RDC 6.0.