Welcome to Uniface 10
This is an Early Adopter version of the Uniface 10 Integrated Development Environment.
The functionality made available with this release is intended to offer developers the experience of building Web Applications.
Note: In this release, it is not possible to import or migrate application definitions from previous Uniface versions.
To help get you started, tutorials are provided in the Uniface documentation.
From the Menu in the top-right corner, choose Help to open the documentation.
For existing Uniface users, the What’s New section provides details about differences between Uniface 9 and Uniface 10.
Quick Steps into Model-Based development
The Uniface IDE is designed for Uniface’s model-driven approach to application development.
The basic steps for creating an application are:
- Create a Project. From the Menu in the top-right corner, choose Create Project.
- Drag Modeled Entities and Components from the Resource Browser into your Project.
- Open the modeled entities and define their fields, keys and relationships.
- Open the components and define their characteristics:
- Data Structure: drag modeled entities and fields into the component structure to define the data that the component accesses.
Use the Resource Browser to insert snippets of code containing language constructs or complete modules.
- Layout: define the user interface using HTML and CSS.
Use the Resource Browser to insert HTML constructs or to bind data elements to layout elements.
- Compile and test your components.