Welcome to the Uniface 10 Web Edition Home page, where you can get details on Uniface 10.
This page will be updated as required, so remember to check back frequently. It was last updated on: May 19, 2015.
Accessing the Uniface 10 Web edition:
Uniface is legally required to comply with certain export restrictions, so we need to control access to the Uniface 10 Web Edition.
- If you are new to Uniface, the best (and quickest) way to access the Uniface 10 Web Edition is via the download link on Uniface.info (this site) or Uniface.com
- If you are an existing customer, the best (and quickest) way will be to contact your Uniface commercial account manager who will arrange for you to download the Uniface 10 Web Edition distribution set.
Licensing Uniface 10:
- Uniface 10 uses the DLM software to manage the licensing of the product. The Uniface 10 Web Edition includes a license which will enable use until the end of July 2015. After this date, a new license will be required,. Please contact us if you require a new license.
- The license included in the Uniface 10 Web Edition is for the SQLite database. If you require another database to be enabled, please contact us.
- For instructions on how to use the license that is included within the Uniface 10 Web Edition, please follow these instructions on the Uniface 10 forums.
Uniface 10 Editions:
We are using a phased approach to deliver Uniface 10, and we want to move away from being too focused on version numbers with the release of Uniface 10, so we have taken the approach of delivering Uniface 10 in several editions.
Note: Once delivered, each edition replaces the previously released edition. It will include the functionality already delivered, plus new features and enhancements.
- Uniface 10 Web Edition – delivered May 2015:The Uniface 10 Web Edition is the first release of Uniface 10. It is an early adopter release to give the Uniface community access to Uniface 10, build web applications, and provide feedback.The Uniface 10 Web Edition enables you to develop and deploy Web (browser-based) applications.
- Uniface 10 Mobile Edition – planned Q3 CY 2015The Uniface 10 Mobile Edition will add mobile capabilities Uniface 10, and will further expand and enhance Uniface 10 functionality.The Uniface 10 Mobile Edition will replace the Uniface 10 Web Edition.
- Uniface 10 Enterprise Edition – planned CY2016The Uniface 10 Enterprise edition will deliver most of the remaining Uniface 9 functionality into Uniface 10, including:
- A supported migration path from Uniface 9.6 and Uniface 9.7.
- Desktop (client/server) application capabilities
- Further platform and database coverage
- Other Uniface 10 functionality enhanced enhancements.
The Uniface 10 Enterprise Edition will replace the Uniface 10 Mobile Edition.
Uniface 10 Web Edition in Detail:
- Support, help and assistance:Please use the Uniface 10 Web Edition forum on Uniface.info (this site) for all questions and queries. For the Uniface 10 Web Edition, we are not taking support requests through the standard Uniface support process.In the future we will include Uniface 10 in the Uniface support process. However, we will continue to prefer forums as our primary support channel because they provide a knowledge base which is valuable for the entire Uniface community.
- Maintenance of the Uniface 10 Web Edition:For the Uniface 10 Web Edition we are not planning to deliver maintenance patches. We plan to deliver a service pack for the Uniface 10 Web Edition, probably in July. The timing of the service pack will depend factors such as the feedback we receive, whether it will contain only bug fixes, or also include new features and enhancements, and so forth.
- Capabilities of Uniface 10 Web EditionThe Uniface 10 Web Edition is an early adopter release, so it is still a work in progress. It is complete enough to enable the Uniface 10 user community to use it and provide feedback.At user events and in online sessions, we’ve communicated that to release Uniface 10,it must enable users to develop an application that can be deployed. This is possible with this release.If you plan to put a Uniface 10 application into production, please contact us via your regular Uniface contact, because we want to work with you to ensure that things go to plan and are successful.
- Platform and database coverage:The initial Uniface 10 Web Edition provides support for MS Windows and connectivity to the SQLite, Oracle, and MS SQL databases. The license included with the preview includes SQLite by default.Licenses for the other supported databases can be made available on request. Please contact us for more details.The support of platforms, operating systems, and databases is known as currency. We give an overview of Uniface currency in the Uniface Platform Availability Matrix (PAM), which is available onUniface.info. As we add currency to Uniface 10, the PAM will be updated.